Isolation Life

By: Lisa Brookes Kift, MFT

Something really interesting happens when you’re forced to slow down.  One thing, you get creative.

As the new way of living in social distancing rolls into the third week, I’m noticing myself doing things differently as I move around in my home.  The pressure to be anywhere isn’t there.  I’m more mindfully attending to the dishes in the sink and fully cleaning the kitchen without preoccupation with what else needs to be done.  I’m doing things I normally would like to but those things typically stay on the bottom of my to-do lists; like art and baking.  I’m appreciating humor now more than ever which is plentiful now in the form of memes, YouTube videos and the like.

On Twitter, there is a hashtag making the rounds called #IsolationLife and people from all over the world are sharing the things they are doing while in self-quarantine.  It’s clear people are stretching themselves, finding silver linings, having new experiences and using loads of humor to get through it all.

Enjoy some tweets of what people are up to in their #IsolationLife (the first one is mine):

“I read a study about the benefits of doing art “even if you suck at it” so I drew the Redwood trees behind my house.”

“I sorted out the socks drawer today.”

“Gauging possible interest in live tweeting Days of Thunder, the most underrated of all of Tom Cruise’s overrated films. Please re-tweet.”

“This week and my 11yo son has steaks on the griddle having made an Italian meringue and fruit compote for dessert!”

“Bought some slippers online.”

“I made soup. It will never happen again!”

“God I’m bored. Started spying on my neighbours like Jimmy Stewart in the Hitchcock film ‘Rear Window’…but no murders of dodgy doings to see. Just mutually bored people looking back and spying on me.”

“Made 4 different cold brew coffees from @PeetsCoffee and Stone Street Coffee and did blind taste tests with my hubby.”

“I have farted on the Guinea pigs. They looked stunned by the sudden turn of events and did not move for at least twelve minutes.”

“5 hours later and the study is clean and organised didn’t get round to gutting the studio but I did make pilau rice and sag aloo from scratch.”

“Decided to Rock, Paper, Scissors over who gets to read the electric and gas metres.”

“4-year-old has fully embraced #IsolationLife and is dancing in front of the telly butt-naked. Be like Freddie, guys.”

“River and cliff walk in lovely seclusion.”

“2nd workout in the makeshift gym. Equipment: 15kg barbell, small free weights, exercise mat made from spare carpet, water, music. Feel much better getting back into a regular fitness routine, even though my body hurts! ”

“Pets, dancing, musical instruments, baking… just some of the ways we are entertaining ourselves during this time.”

“Most excitement in a while just happened, a helicopter flew over and I could see all the people on my block out on their back decks, looking up!”

“So I made a spreadsheet of when to sow/plant out various seeds and got on with starting some of them today!”

“Enjoying a nice glass of wine after a day of not leaving my bed and after getting through the worst of my hangover.”

“Hanging out with the pigs today. Hope you’re enjoying your day.”

“Now is a good as time as ever to discover unreleased music.”

“Learning comes in all forms! I’m using this time to learn about yeast! #bagels”

“Just pulled something in my hip while dancing to The Simpson’s theme.”

“I cut my own hair today! I look stupid. Good thing I don’t do anything anymore.”

“Time to edit the unchosen photos from my stash.”

“My housemates suddenly acknowledging me when they see I’ve put pie ingredients on the counter. And by housemates, I mean my children.”

This is also a reminder that people can be incredibly creative and resilient, even in the toughest of times.  As we continue in our #IsolationLife I will continue to add people’s tweets to this list.  Please check back for more ideas of ways to entertain yourselves at home.  Or at the very have a good chuckle.

0

Source: https://loveandlifetoolbox.com/isolation-life/

The content is originally owned by Lisa Brookes Kift, MFT. Visit the site here for more interesting articles.


Share Your Thought!

Thanks for reading! You are free to write down your thought related to the post above in the comment box. You can share about your experience or tips about love and relationship for everyone to read.
You can use any language, but please combine with English.


Would You Share This Post?

And if you find the post above is interesting and valuable, please share it to your friends. Thank you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Podcast Ep 204: Let’s Talk About Family Estrangement

By: NATALIE This week’s episode of The Baggage Reclaim Sessions  is on a subject I’ve been thinking about for a while: estrangement. 2020 ...