Our FLR Set Her Free

By: Te-Erika Patterson

I couldn’t be more lucky. At the same time I wonder how far she is going to take this. I told my wife about FLRs exactly a year ago and we sat down together to discuss it. At first I was nervous about her rejecting the idea but she did not. She thought it was a new way to look at things and now she is taking full advantage of the fact that I honor her choices as Te-Erika writes.

Before I told Mara about FLRs she would never say No to me for anything I asked. She felt saying No meant that she did not love me. Now that we have a firm FLR in place she says No more often than not. At first I thought it was to exercise her new authority but now I see that she had no interest in doing the things she used to do. She did them because I wanted her to instead of it being her desire.

She doesn’t cook anymore. She doesn’t make a single meal, not even for herself. I will cook or take her out and she likes to find new places to eat. She stopped going out with me to dinner parties. It turns out she hated them but she felt it was her duty to go with me. She doesn’t do oral anymore. She won’t be in the room with me when I listen to music. She won’t spend time with my siblings. She cut her hair. She doesn’t shave her legs. She quit her job and now volunteers at the community center.

Her mother called me to ask about her and I told her that she is fine. Her mother said that my wife hung up on her after a disagreement and now my wife refuses to pick up the phone when she calls. I laughed silently at that one. When we are out, she argues with people if she feels she is being disrespected. I have to step in and smooth things over and get her away from the situation.

I will admit I became worried about what could be ahead for us. What if one day she decided that she didn’t want me anymore? I could never imagine her leaving me before but, this isn’t the same Mara from before. My fear went away one evening when she thanked me for telling her about FLR because she felt that she could finally be free.

Do you have a great Loving FLR story and want to share it with us? SHARE YOUR STORY.

Spread the word...

Related posts:



Source: http://lovingflr.com/our-flr-set-her-free/

The content is originally owned by Te-Erika Patterson. Visit the site here for more interesting articles.


Share Your Thought!

Thanks for reading! You are free to write down your thought related to the post above in the comment box. You can share about your experience or tips about love and relationship for everyone to read.
You can use any language, but please combine with English.


Would You Share This Post?

And if you find the post above is interesting and valuable, please share it to your friends. Thank you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Podcast Ep 204: Let’s Talk About Family Estrangement

By: NATALIE This week’s episode of The Baggage Reclaim Sessions  is on a subject I’ve been thinking about for a while: estrangement. 2020 ...